The Hockey India on Monday announced a 22-member women’s side that will represent the country in the upcoming FIH Women’s Hockey Pro League matches at home in Bhubaneswar, Odisha against Spain.
The news: The matches will be held in Bhubaneswar, Odisha and ace Goalkeeper Savita will lead the squad with Deep Grace Ekka serving as her deputy.
- Young forward player Sangita Kumari, who belongs to Jharkhand, is included in the squad
- The 22-member squad against Spain includes Savita, Bichu Devi Kharibam and Rajani Etimarpu. Defenders Deep Grace Ekka, Gurjit Kaur, Nikki Pradhan, Udita, Ishika Chaudhary.
- Midfielders- Nisha, Salima Tete, Sushila Chanu Pukhrambam, Jyoti, Monika, Neha, Navjot Kaur and Namita Toppo.
- Forward line- Vandana Katariya, Sharmila Devi, Navneet Kaur, Lalremsiami, Sangita Kumari and Rajwinder Kaur.
- Rashmita Minz, Akshata Abaso Dhekale, Sonika, Mariana Kujur and Aishwarya Rajesh Chauvan will be on standby.