The increasing daily COVID-19 cases in Maharashtra are causing a heavy toll on doctors and health care workers.
The news: According to the new update as many as 481 resident doctors have tested positive for COVID-19 infection in Maharashtra, officials informed on Wednesday.
- Maharashtra Association of Resident Doctors President, Dr Avinash Dahiphale while speaking to a leading news agency said, “At least 481 resident doctors have tested COVID positive in Maharashtra so far.”
- Maharashtra on Tuesday had reported a total of 34,424 new COVID-19 cases
- 18,967 discharges
- 22 fatalities, as per the state health bulletin
- Mumbai recorded 11,647 fresh cases and two fatalities in the past 24 hours
- 34 new cases of Omicron Variant reported from Maharashtra on Tuesday
- Pune MC-25, Pune Rural-6
- Omicron patients in Maharashtra reported till date 1,281