Aam Aadmi Party created history by wiping out the traditional political establishment, and for the first time in Punjab in the assembly Elections 2022.
The news: AAP won 92 of the 117 Punjab Assembly seats.
- AAP won Malwa region with 66 of the 69 seats. In Doaba as well the party won 10 of the 23 seats.
- In Majha, the party emerged victorious with 16 of the 25 seats.
- Meanwhile, 10 sitting ministers under CM Charanjit Channi, namely five-time former CM Parkash Singh Badal, two-time former CM Capt Amarinder Singh, former CM Rajinder Kaur Bhattal, PCC chief Navjot Singh Sidhu and SAD chief Sukhbir Singh Badal, were swept away in the AAP wave.
- Apart from these minister, Chief Minister Charanjit Singh Channi, Parkash Singh Badal and Amarinder Singh also lost to AAP candidates.
- Aam Aadmi Party (AAP)’s chief ministerial face in Punjab, Bhagwant Mann, will meet party national convener Arvind Kejriwal on Friday.
- Mann won from the Dhuri seat by a huge margin of 58,206 votes.