Bhartiya Janta Party on Wednesday announced that the party will contest for all 403 seats in Uttar Pradesh along with allies Apna Dal and Nishad Party.
The news: The decision was announced after the BJP CEC meeting held in Delhi along with Union Ministers Amit Shah, Anurag Thakur, UP CM Yogi Adityanth, Nadda and other leaders.
What they are saying: “We will fight all 403 seats in UP. This state has given momentum of development with double engine government,” Nadda said.
- “With model of ‘Sabka Sath Sabka Vikas, development has been our agenda in all sectors. Be it is connectivity, education, health, etc. In all these aspects our alliance has worked together. Women, youths, law and order have been our focus in the last five years,” Nadda added.
- “Situation was completely different in the Gunda raj (rule) of the previous government. All these chaotic things have ended in the last five years of the BJP government. Today there is law and order in Uttar Pradesh”.
- Colonel Vijay Rawat (retired), the younger brother of Late CDS General Bipin Rawat joins BJP, in Delhi.
- Reacting to former UP Chief Minister, Mulayam Singh Yadav’s daughter-in-law Aparna Yadav joining the BJP on Wednesday, Samajwadi Party chief Akhilesh Yadav congratulated her and said he is happy the party’s ideology is expanding.
- “First of all, I will congratulate her and I am happy that the Samajwadi Party’s ideology is expanding,” he said.
- “Netaji (Mulayam Singh Yadav) tried very hard to convince her,” he said.