Indian National Congress workers on Wednesday held a ‘Shame on Modi Movement’ agitation against the statement made by Prime Minister Narendra Modi against Congress alleging the party responsible for spreading COVID-19 in country.
The news: Prime Minister Narendra Modi held the Congress and the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) responsible for the situation that caused migration to villages, which led to the spread of COVID-19 in rural India.
- “The Opposition did not do anything positive, like asking people to take COVID precautions. You pushed labourers into difficulties,” Modi said in the Lok Sabha session
- “The Congress crossed the limit, during the first wave, when we had lockdown, the Congress, at the Mumbai railway station, gave tickets to labourers to go and spread coronavirus,” he said.
- Vikas Thakre, MLA Nagpur District Congress Committee said Prime Minister Narendra Modi made a statement in the Lok Sabha that Maharashtra Congress has spread COVID-19 all over the country, which is very unfortunate. This matter is an insult to Maharashtra and the people of Maharashtra.
- Congress leader Vikas Thakre lead an agitation in Nagpur at Samvidhan Chowk demanding an apology by Modi for his statement against the ruling MVA in Maharashtra.
- The agitation has been staged across Maharashtra, following an appeal by the State Chief Nana Patole.
- Patole along with Maharashtra minister Vijay Wadettiwar and MLC Bhai Jagtap are leading the agitation near Mantralaya in Mumbai. The workers are trying to cross the gate near Mahatma Gandhi’s statue and likely to march towards BJP office near it.