Congress leaders Rahul Gandhi and Priyanka Gandhi Vadra on Friday released the party’s youth manifesto for the Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections at the All India Congress Committee (AICC) HQ.
The news: Congress, in their manifesto, has promised 20 lakh jobs and filling of 1.5 lakh vacant teachers’ posts if the party is voted to power in UP.
What they said:
- Addressing a press conference the ‘youth manifesto’ called ‘Bharti Vidhan’, Rahul Gandhi said the vision document is not hollow words but has been drafted after consulting youth whose views are reflected in it.
- “The youth in Uttar Pradesh need a new vision and only Congress can give that vision to the state,” the former president said.
- “We don’t spread hatred, we unite people and we want to create a new Uttar Pradesh with the strength of youth,” Rahul Gandhi added.
- “There is hope, there is determination. There is also an option for the youth. Now the youth is ready to move towards change. Youth is ready to walk with Congress,” he said.
- Today the youth in UP is facing immense difficulty in getting jobs. They are qualified and unemployed. We aim to help them get the employment they want and need. We have seen the difficulties they face and what their problems are, said Priyanka Gandhi Vadra
- All political parties come and promise jobs – 25 lakh jobs, 30 lakh jobs – but no one explains in detail how they will do it. The Congress has done so in this youth manifesto.
- We are also focussing on what the problems being faced by the youth in terms of examinations. We aim to find a solution for these problems.
- The enthusiasm of the youth is broken. We want to assure the youth that how we will restore their confidence, how we will help them in providing employment.
- There are five sections of our recruitment legislation, in which the different problems of the youth have been focused.
- 1.5 lakh vacant posts in primary schools will be filled. Vacant posts will be filled in departments like secondary, higher education, police etc.
- All the vacant posts for Sanskrit, Urdu teachers Anganwadi, Asha, etc, will be filled.
- To restore the faith lost in the recruitment process, the fees for all examination forms will be waived and bus, train travel will be free.
- Keeping in mind the examinations and schedules, we aim to make a job calendar. This is a very important thing and is much needed.
- We will also be setting up camps and a centre in Lucknow where there will be counselling for drug and alcohol addiction. Drug addiction camps will be set up in various places across the state to aid the youth who need it.
- We also aim to organise a youth festival annually in Uttar Pradesh