Discarding all the reports on speculations of the new findings in the Aryan Khan Drug case, NCB officials and SIT chief & NCB DDG (operation) Sanjay Singh said that it is highly premature to conclude anything as the investigation is still underway.
The news: Earlier today a leading newspaper citing sources reported that the NCB team did not find any evidence to prove that Aryan Khan has links with international drug syndicate.
What happened: Soon after the media report, a leading news agency approached several NCB officials. SIT chief & NCB DDG (operation) Sanjay Singh said that it is highly premature to conclude anything as the investigation is still underway.
- He said, “Highly premature to say that there’s no evidence against Aryan Khan. Probe still in progress; recorded multiple statements. Have not reached any conclusion yet.”
- “As far as media reports on non-availability of evidence against Aryan Khan are concerned, these are not true and just speculation. Investigation is not yet completed and it is premature to say anything at this stage,” Singh added.
- An NCB team headed by then Mumbai Zone head, Sameer Wankhede, had conducted a raid at a drug party on the intervening night of October 2 and 3. Aryan Khan and a few others were detained by the team on charges of consuming drugs.
- The special investigation team of Narcotics Control Bureau reported that no evidence was found against Aryan Khan, the son of actor Shah Rukh Khan, who was arrested in the Mumbai cruise drug case last year.
• The report also added that there were several irregularities in the raid on the yacht Cordelia during which he was arrested.
• The raid was not video-recorded as required by the NCB manual, and the drugs recovered from multiple accused arrested in the case were shown as a single recovery.
• Aryan Khan was never in possession of drugs, so there was no need to take his phone and check his chats; the chats do not suggest Khan was part of any international syndicate; the raid was not video-recorded as required by the NCB manual; and the drugs recovered from multiple accused arrested in the case were shown as a single recovery.