India’s daily COVID-19 tally saw a jump on Thursday as the country recorded 1,72,433 cases of infection in the last 24 hours, according to data released by Union health ministry.
The news: The COVID-19 tally of country saw a jump on Thursday than Wednesday when the country had logged 161,386 infections.
Facts and Figures: According to the health ministry’s bulletin India reported 1,008 deaths in the last 24 hours.
- 2,59,107 patients have recovered in the last 24 hours and the cumulative tally of recovered patients (since the beginning of the pandemic) is now at 3,97,70,414.
- India’s active caseload is presently at 15,33,921.
- Active cases constitute 3.67 per cent of the country’s total positive cases.
- Consequently, India’s recovery rate stands at 95.14 per cent.
- With the administration of more than 55 lakh Doses (55,10,693) vaccine doses in the last 24 hours, India’s COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 167.87 Cr (1,67,87,93,137) as per provisional reports till 7 a.m. today.
- The vaccine coverage has been achieved through 1,85,37,996 sessions.
- The last 24 hours a total of 15,69,449 tests being conducted.
- India has so far conducted over 73.41 Cr (73,41,92,614) cumulative tests.
- The weekly positivity rate in the country currently stands at 12.98 per cent
- The daily positivity rate is reported to be 10.99 per cent.