A 21-year-old student Sainikesh Ravichandran from Coimbatore district in Tamil Nadu has joined the paramilitary forces in Ukraine to fight against Russia.
The news: Earlier Ravichandran was rejected by the Indian Army twice.
- Now as the conflict between Russia and Ukraine is at its peak, the aerospace engineering student has taken up arms in support of Ukraine as part of the Georgian National Legion Paramilitary unit as the conflict is at its peak, reported a leading newspaper.
- Officials visited his residence and inquired about it.
- They discovered that he had applied to join the Indian Army but was rejected.
- Sainikesh went to Ukraine to study at the National Aerospace University in Kharkiv in 2018 and was to complete his course in July 2022.
- With each passing day of the ongoing war in Ukraine his family lost communication with him.
- After seeking the embassy’s help, they were able to contact Sainikesh. He informed them that he had joined the Ukrainian paramilitary forces to fight against Russia.
- “We are in a terrible situation so do not ask about my son,” Sainikesh’s father Ravichandran was quoted as saying.
- Soon after the news Sainikesh’s family has decided to meet the officials in the state and Union governments to urge them to bring their son back to the state.