It is estimated that around 20,000 Indian students are studying in Ukraine, the country which has been recently, treacherously attacked by Russia. And although Indian airlines and the government prior to the war did what they could but at the moment, there’s no option left but to just let the students be at a safeplace.
The news: Several Indian students are stranded in Ukraine, hearing the blasts nearby and experiencing horrors they would have never imagined. Left with their nightmares, a video recently surfaced on the internet where a native of Karnataka, Praveen Ajjaraddi was seen seeking help from the Indian government.
- The video showed the students giving the viewers a proper view at what the situation is like in Ukraine.
- Ajjaraddi shot this video in Kharkiv, in which he even talked about the shortage of food and water and how the Indian Embassy in Ukraine is out of reach.
What’s going on: Several videos and pictures of the stuck students are circling the internet. A picture of medical students who luckily found shelter in an underground bunker was also the one that dragged the attention of many Indians, hoping to have these fellow citizens back.
What are they saying: In a war-hit country, team Unplugged managed to get in touch with a student, Chirag Ojha who us briefed about his situation in Ukraine.
- According to Ojha, currently the necessary amenities like food and water would suffice, but shortly if help doesn’t come, he and his group will have to suffer a lot.
- He stated: “We are all waiting for the Indian embassy to start evacuating each and every single Indian citizen. The embassy should first start with the regions near Luhansk and Donetsk.”
- Luhansk and Donetsk are the two regions filled with rebel-controlled groups, who support Russia. And these two regions are also the two territories which have been led by pro-Russian separatists for almost a decade.