India’s COVID-19 count is seeing a downfall with each passing day. On Saturday, March 12, the country recorded 3,614 new cases in the last 24 hours, which is lowest since May 12, 2020.
The news: With 89 new deaths related to the dreaded disease, the cumulative number of deaths has gone up to 5,15,803.
- India’s active caseload is presently at 40,559. Active cases constitute 0.09 per cent of the country’s total positive cases.
- India has administered more than 18.18 lakh (18,18,511) vaccine doses in the last 24 hours.
- With this India’s COVID-19 vaccination coverage has exceeded 179.91Cr (1,79,91,57,486) as per provisional reports till 7 a.m. today.
- 5,185 patients have recovered in the last 24 hours and the cumulative tally of recovered patients (since the beginning of the pandemic) is now at 4,24,31,513.
- India’s recovery rate stands at 98.71 per cent.
- The weekly positivity rate in the country currently stands at 0.52 per cent
- Daily positivity rate is reported to be 0.44 per cent.