Body of Dalit woman who went missing from Unnao found near an Ashram built by Fateh Bahadur Singh, a former minister in the Samajwadi Party government
The news: Two months after a 22-year-old Dalit woman went missing from Unnao, her decomposing body was discovered on a vacant plot near an ashram built by Fateh Bahadur Singh, a former minister in the Samajwadi Party government, said police. Fateh Bahadur’s son, Rajol Singh, is the primary accused in the case.
What they said: According to them, the post-mortem investigation is underway.
- “On remand, we examined the accused Rajol Singh. The woman’s body was later retrieved by the SOG team on Thursday. The body was buried near the ashram in a site. “We used local information and mobile surveillance to locate the body,” said Shashi Shekhar Singh, Additional Superintendent of Police in Unnao.
- He stated that the case appears to be one of illegal relations gone awry, that an investigation is underway, and that anyone else found to be engaged in the incident will be arrested as quickly as possible.
In addition: Meanwhile, Mayawati, the leader of the Bahujan Samaj Party, attacked the Samajwadi Party on Friday, demanding that the state government take strong legal action against the perpetrators as soon as possible to ensure justice for the victim’s family.
- “The discovery of a Dalit girl’s body in the SP leader’s land in Unnao district is a tragic and disturbing event. The family had long suspected the SP leader of her kidnapping and murder. The state government should take swift legal action against the perpetrators in order to bring justice to the victim’s family “she sent out a tweet
- The mother claimed her daughter had been stolen by former minister’s son Rajol Singh shortly after she went missing on December 8.
What happened: The mother reportedly expressed concern about an unfortunate occurrence with the local police and high officials, who demanded that the accused Rajol be prosecuted.
- On January 24, the victim’s mother tried self-immolation in front of SP chief Akhilesh Yadav’s vehicle in Lucknow, alleging police indifference to her daughter’s whereabouts.
- Rajol Singh was arrested the next day as a result of this. The mother’s fears were realised when the body was discovered.
The mother had filed an abduction case against Rajol Singh the day after her daughter went missing.