The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has released ‘Confirmtkt’, an app that will serve as a “one-stop online destination” for passengers looking for verified tatkal tickets.
The news: The app displays all available tatkal (last-minute) tickets for a certain train or itinerary. Passengers can purchase tickets up to 24 hours in advance of the train’s departure.
- Tatkal tickets could only be purchased at physical counters at railway stations till today.
- Tatkal quotas exist on Indian Railways, and tickets purchased under this quota are intended for last-minute or immediate travel. Last-minute travel is made simple with IRCTC’s tatkal bookings.
- Even for tatkal quota, there’s a risk you won’t be able to get tickets during the high season or on congested routes. It is preferable to plan ahead of time rather than rely on last-minute reservations.
- The ConfirmTkt App or website can be used to book IRCTC tatkal tickets. “Tatkal timings for AC train tickets begin at 10 a.m., and 11 a.m. for non-AC train tickets,” according to the IRCTC.
Here is how you can book tatkal tickets via the Confirmtkt app:
- Log on to www.confirmtkt.com or download the Confirmtkt app from PlayStore.
- Select source and destination stations and select the date of travel.
- A list of trains for your selected route and travel date will appear. Select the train you wish to travel on from the list.
- Select class (sleeper, 3rd AC, etc.) and select boarding point.
- Enter your details – berth preferences, contact details mobile and email – wherever asked.
- Pay through any payment mode (debit/credit card or UPI).
- After successful payment enter IRCTC credentials.
After entering correct IRCTC credentials your ticket will be booked and you will receive a digital copy on your email and on the mobile number you provided while booking the ticket.