Ahead of Goa Assembly Elections Aam Aadmi Party national convener Arvind Kejriwal has promised Rs 10 lakh over next five years if the party is voted in power.
The news: Speaking at a press conference on Thursday Kejriwal said, “By voting for AAP, you will get benefits of at least Rs 10 lakhs in 5 years.”
- “This Goa Elections, rise above party loyalties and give one chance to honest politics, for the future of your children. Our work like Free Bijli, Schools, Hospitals will benefit all of you,” he added.
- Kejriwal also promised free electricity and healthcare to the people of the state.
- Taking a dig at other politicians Kejriwal said, “It is very unfortunate that Government jobs of Goa are unfairly limited to only 2 constituencies of Dr Pramod P Sawant and Vishwajit Rane, Amit Palekar will stop this bias. We will give jobs based on eligibility, not over partiality, favouritism or bribery.”
- BJP is openly saying that even if our 8 MLAs have come, we will form the government, we will buy MLAs! What could be more shameless than that? he questioned.
- For 15 years, BJP has ruled the state. What have they done for their supporters? I’m appealing to the supporters of BJP in Goa, give us one chance. We have a vision for Goa, we will give you what BJP has failed to deliver.
- Recently AAP members have signed a legal affidavit and taken an oath to remain loyal to the party to which Kejriwal said, “We have given power to the voters, that if we breach their trust, they can prosecute us.”
- In the last 4 months, Pramod Sawant has gone to Delhi 20-25 times. Whereas AAP leaders Amit Palekar and Rahul Mhambre have been to Delhi just once or twice. BJP operates from Delhi while AAP is operating from Goa.
- To Congress supporters, I ask this, what have they done for you in 25 years of their rule? They betrayed your trust in 2017, they will safely deliver your vote to BJP in 2022 also. Vote for AAP, we will not betray the trust of Goenkars. Don’t split your votes.
The Goa Assembly election 2022 will be held on February 14. The counting of votes will take place on March 10.