In a webinar which was held today, Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced that the Union Budget 2022 includes a detailed plan for the development of rural areas, the northeast, and aspirational districts.
The news: PM Modi said that the budget has established a clear roadmap and has achieved the goals of various schemes such as PM Awas Yojana, Gramin Sadak Yojana, and Jal Jeevan Mission.
- During the webinar Modi also spoke about the rural development sector. He emphasized the importance of creating a new image of rural India by educating the rural population on new-age technologies for farmers and new farming methods.
- Modi believes that digitizing land records and connecting demarcation efforts with technology are urgently needed. Modi has directed state governments to develop a timetable for integrating land records and demarcation solutions with modern technology.
What’s going on: According to the Prime Minister, broadband connectivity will not only provide facilities in the villages, but will also aid in the development of a large pool of skilled youth in the villages.
- He also emphasized the importance of raising awareness about the proper use of broadband capabilities in areas where work has already been completed.
- Modi stated that the Vibrant Village Program, which was announced in the budget, is critical for the development of the country’s border villages.
What did he say: The PM stated that the development of villages, particularly houses and land, necessitates proper demarcation, as demonstrated by the PM SVAMITVA scheme. Further stating that the government has already distributed over 40 lakh property cards under the scheme. He stated that the Sabka Prayas are the only ones who can fulfil today’s theme, “Leaving No Citizen Behind.”
- Speaking about the Jal Jeevan Mission’s target of four crore water connections, the Prime Minister urged states to step up their efforts. He also urged every state government to be extremely cautious about the quality of the pipelines and water that will be provided.
- From his experience, the Prime Minister proposed numerous ways to improve governance for rural development. He suggested that all agencies responsible for rural issues meet at regular intervals to ensure synergy and coordination.
- The Prime Minister reiterated the mantra of Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas, Sabka Vishwas, and Sabka Prayas as the inspiration for all of the government’s policies and actions.
- He stated that our pledges for the Azadi Ka Amrit Kaal will only be realised with the efforts of everyone, and everyone will be able to make that effort only when every individual, section, and region receives the full benefits of development.