The first phase for Uttar Pradesh Assembly Election is underway according to the latest trends of the Election Commission 57.79 per cent voting has been recorded in Uttar Pradesh till 5 pm.
The news: However, there were reports of EVMs and VVPATs malfunctioning at some polling stations.
- The polling authorities said that these complaints are being addressed immediately.
- Additional Chief Election Officer (ACEO) B D Ram Tiwari said there were reports of a technical error in EVMs at a few places, those EVMs were replaced.
- EVM & VVPAT malfunction complaints are being addressed immediately. Law and order is maintained at all polling stations, voting underway peacefully. A complaint of a person being stopped from voting in Agra has been found baseless said Chief Electoral officer, Uttar Pradesh
- Samajwadi Party (SP) president Akhilesh Yadav on Thursday requested the Election Commission to take appropriate action at polling stations that have reported malfunctioning of the EVMs.
- The polling is currently in progress at a total of 58 constituencies spread across 11 districts.