The Russians are on the move, destroying priceless properties in Ukraine, with a lot of lives already shattered, the enemy army targeted not just a flagship of Ukraine but a mark of the whole world. Antonov-225, which is well known to be the one and only world largest cargo Aircraft, was destroyed during the Russian strikes.
The news: According to Ukraine’s state-owned Ukroboronprom group, the cargo plane, Antonov-225 was destroyed by Russian strikes, which took place outside Kyiv on Sunday. The war-hit Ukraine has been dealing with the Russian forces since the last five days.
- The aircraft was one-of-a-kind in the world, measuring 84 meters (276 feet) in length and capable of transporting up to 250 tonnes (551,000 pounds) of cargo at speeds of up to 850 kilometers per hour (528 mph).
- It was called “Mriya,” meaning “dream” in Ukrainian.
What’s going on: Since Russia invaded Ukraine on Thursday, there have been a lot of violent clashes at Gostomel airport. According to reports, the Russian army is attempting to seize strategic infrastructure.
- Ukroboronprom, a weapons manufacturer, estimated that restoring the “Mriya” would cost more than $3 billion (2.7 billion euros) and could take up to five years.
What are they saying: Ukroboronprom said in a statement that “Russian invaders destroyed the flagship of Ukrainian aviation, the AN-225” at the Antonov airport in Gostomel, near Kyiv.
- “This was the world’s largest aircraft, AN-225” Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba tweeted on Sunday.
- “Russia may have annihilated our ‘Mriya.’ They will, however, never be able to demolish our vision of a strong, free, and democratic European state. We will triumph! “He went on to say.
- “Our mission is to ensure that these expenses are covered by Russia, which purposefully harmed Ukraine’s aviation,” the group stated.