Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath on Friday filed his nomination from Gorakhpur, where he is contesting his first state election.
The news: Union Home Minister Amit Shah and several BJP leaders accompanied him in a huge number to show strength of the party.
- Gorakhpur is said to be the stronghold of Yogi Adityanath, as he has won every parliamentary election he has contested from here.
- Before filing the nomination CM offered his prayers at the Gorakhnath temple where he remains head priest and also performed a havan.
- So far, Bhim Army’s Chandrashekhar Azad is contesting the UP assembly election from Gorakhpur constituency.
- The Samajwadi Party has yet to name its candidate opposite Yogi Adityanath.
- The Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections are set to be held in seven phases from February 10